Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Junebug Remix (Week 3, Project 1)

This project's inspiration came from this pin which led me to this post with excellent instructions for a remix of Craftiness is Not Optional's Junebug dress.

 
It looked a little intimidating - wasn't sure what I was getting myself into - but I dove in and am so happy I did.
 
 
Once I had the pattern made the dress (it's really more of a tunic, I guess) came together very quickly.  It helped that I made the dress out of an old ankle length skirt my mom had passed on to me - the seams in the center of the back and the center of the front were part of the original skirt.
 
 
This was another free project, actually.  My mom's skirt paired with some hoarded fabric & buttons.
 
 
I love the little pockets!  Even though Miss E isn't quite old enough for treasures, yet...
 
 
 
 And this time she was, if only slightly, a more willing model.  I even got a smile:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment