Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Headstand Shirt

First thing: the time has come for a nickname for "the kid" aka "the boy" aka "big brother" - and online alias to make discussing him on the blog and instagram a little more personal.  His sister is known as Lisi Loo, which is also her nickname in real life, but we normally just call him by his name.  So my mom suggested "Magnus".  When I was pregnant, I teased my husband by insisting we name him Magnus.  I was (mostly) joking, but it was a joke that still comes up from time to time and so we're going to give it a go.

Now, on to the good stuff.  If you follow along on instagram you'll know that Magnus (this is going to take some getting used to!) has recently mastered his headstand.  He worked so hard and is so proud of himself, as he should be.  I thought the world should know, even when he's on his feet, that he can stand on his head, so I made him this shirt:

I finished it up last night and left it outside his door.  He can read, but I wasn't sure he'd get the joke right away.  He's a very by-the-book kind of thinker.  I shouldn't have doubted him, though.  He thought it was hilarious and wore it to pre-school today.

I used a plain tee from Walmart and made a freezer paper stencil.  Easy as pie.  And certainly easier than a headstand!


Way to go, Magnus!


No comments:

Post a Comment